Capture the Small Business opportunity.
Small businesses are a key engine for global economic growth, employment, and innovation. With over 148M small and medium-sized businesses worldwide in with 350M PCs, now is the time to grow your small business practice.* As 75% of the market opportunity is comprised of Software as a Service (SaaS) technology solutions, Microsoft recognizes that the growing maturity of cloud computing represents a major revenue opportunity for partners in this market segment. The new Microsoft Small Business competency helps you showcase your expertise in helping small business customers leverage technology to differentiate themselves in the market. The competency equips you with the
sales and technical expertise to lead with Microsoft cloud-based services, while enhancing your ability to deliver enterprise-level capabilities that are cost-effective and highly reliable.
*Source: IDC, Worldwide and Regional Public IT Cloud Services 2010–2014 Forecast, June 2010
1. Differentiate your business
Build your small business expertise and help address small business customer needs by providing cost-effective, enterprise-level IT capabilities in the cloud or on-premise.
2. Gain exclusive competency benefits
Small Business competency partners gain exclusive benefits.
• Access expert Microsoft pre sales support and technical guidance with advisory support hours.
• Internal use licenses.
• Marketing materials in the Small and Medium Business Resource Center.
• Use Microsoft Pinpoint and the Office 365 Marketplace to increase your visibility and develop new customer connections.
• Bing advertising credits.
3. Gain market advantage with cloud technology expertise
Provide a deep understanding of cloud solutions that best fit small business customers’ needs.
4. Offer cost-effective services
Find the most cost-effective way to service customers efficiently with minimum overhead.
5. Expand your existing Partner engagement.
Microsoft partners in the following programs, competencies, and subscriptions today are well-positioned to achieve the new Small Business competency.
• Small Business Specialist Community (SBSC): Partner support will continue during a grace period until MPN and SBSC become a shared community experience. Earn the Small Business competency now to take advantage of deeper engagement with Microsoft, and receive rich benefits to help grow your business.
• Microsoft Action Pack Subscription: Action Pack partners who are investing / building a business in the cloud can gain expertise in small business specialized solutions.
• Mid-Market Solution Provider (MMSP): SMB-focused partners who provide technical expertise across IT solutions can be in the lead as the market transitions to cloud services.
• Cloud Accelerate / Cloud Essentials (CA/CE): Small Business competency creates opportunity for partners new to the cloud or partners actively building a cloud presence, while taking advantage of the incremental IUR and advisory hours not offered in CE and CA.
Small businesses are shifting IT to the cloud—be there when they do! Earn the Small Business Competency now. You can find more information in the Small Business Brochure. For any questions, take a look at our FAQ.