Every year, we ask our partners and customers for feedback. On many occasions, partners have raised communication and the overload of it.
Introducing…. www.netgenoeg.info or www.justeassez.info, your one-stop shop where you – as a partner – can indicate what information you want and where to find it. Because let’s face it, it’s not always that clear who to follow on Twitter, or to become member of what LinkedIn group. Let alone finding the right email in the overload in your inbox.
Our goal is to send fewer mails, but more tuned to your needs. You will also see different colors in the mails. There are 3 flavors:
- the green ones: information on MPN or generic partner events
- the blue ones: anything that goes out from a sub community of partners
- the pink(ish) ones: all relevant information on training
So, go the site, indicate what your areas of interests are and you can immediately subscribe to the relevant newsletters or join the LinkedIn groups.
Let us know what you think about this and you can send us your feedback: via email, Twitter, LinkedIn and yes, even by regular post.
While most of us were probably enjoying a well deserved summer break during the last couple of months, Microsoft licensing teams have introduced quite some enhancements and changes. A brief overview:
- The Updated Core CAL: as of August 1st 2011, Lync Standard CAL and Forefront Endpoint Protection are moving from the eCAL step up suite to the Core CAL Suite
- The introduction of License Mobility through Software Assurance, allowing your customers to deploy certain server application licenses in an authorized service provider’s datacenter
- New Planning Services have been introduced, now helping customers to plan the deployment of System Center, Windows Azure, Visual Studio Team Foundation Server SQL Server, Lync Server AND -last but not least – a migration to Office 365!
- Windows Thin PC, again a new Software Assurance benefit, provides a low footprint, locked down version of Windows 7 Enterprise that enables customers to repurpose existing PCs as thin clients
- Improvements to the VLSC portal
All these enhancements are a result of both the current evolutions in IT AND customer and partner feedback.
The next coming months will be exciting as well, with launches of SQL Server Denali and System Center 2012. As licensing specialists, we all have
undoubtly some interesting learnings in front of us , enabling to show increased value & expertise to our customers.
If you want to stay tuned – do not hesitate to join our closed LinkedIn Group.